11.03.2008

AI, A Bad Boy

Wow. What a trade that may or may not happen today. According to Truehoop, Allen Iverson is going to Detroit in exchange for Antonio McDyess and Chauncey Billips. I think this is a great move for both teams. It gives the Pistons a major scorer, and a shakeup after only one championship and 5 semi-finals appearances. Denver gets a true point guard, and this is also a homecoming for Billips, a University of Colorado product.
Crazy, crazy day. I have heard of this trade for about a year now, but it is finally coming to fruition. It also bodes well for my Fantasy Team, anchored by Carmelo Anthony. I see him averaging about 29 points a game, with more assists as well. Maybe I should have held onto Jason Maxiel, who is prime to get bigger minutes for the Pistons now that Mcdyess is a goner.

1 comment:

Oil Can Boyd said...

I hear ya. Good trade for both squads, but I think Denver's additions fit better -- one less shoot first guy. Although I really want an AI3 Pistons jersey now. That's bad ass.