11.24.2008

I went to the Raptors-Celtics Game on Sunday....

... and left thoroughly disappointed. Man, that game was not even close, and it reminds all Raptors fans just how far the team has to go before we can consider them an elite team, or even a playoff team at this point. I mean, I expected somewhat of a letdown after Friday's debacle against New Jersey, but, holy shit, this team had nothing from the get-go.
Never mind the 10-0 run to start the game, this game was shitty to watch from start to finish. Perkins abused Bosh and O'neal inside, and Rajon Rondo blew by Calderon at will every time he had the ball. At least JO came out to play, albeit for 13 minutes. In the second half, the Raps starters played the Celtic's bench for pretty much 20 minutes, and left still down by 20. Embarrassing. Parker scored 15 or something, but had a horrible defensive game, giving Ray Allen shot after shot from the corner. The Raptor mascot was pretty awesome, he did a great Vanilla Ice dance routine, which was highly entertaining, we got free pizza, and there was a girl I recognized a few rows ahead of me, who I went to high school with, but I didn't get a chance to catch up with her. Small world, though. One other highlight was after the game in the booth where they film NBATV post-game crap, the fans were chanting " Fire Mitchell" super loud. Maybe they are right. The team was not prepared, was over-matched at every turn, and the defensive lapses have to fall on someone, and Sam IS the coach, so I dunno...

No comments: