11.14.2008

Magic Vs. Bird

So, in the early going of the new season, Boston and LA are the class of the NBA once again.  I hate that with all the changes and trades and awesome rookies that came into the league this year, that we will most likely end up seeing the same two teams battle it out for the Larry O'Brien Trophy in June.  They are so obviously better than all the other teams that I just know this is going to happen.  I know, it is 7 months away, anything can happen, etc., but, barring any serious injuries to any rotation guys, the whole regular season is just a formality.  Don't believe the hype on the Atlanta Hawks.  I implore you.  I mean, they are good, that is true, and played the champs close, but they are still Atlanta.  They are okay, but they are Toronto Raptor okay, if that makes sense.  Being a Raptors fan is tough, I don't know where to start.  I guess they are where they should be, hovering right about at .500.  Bask in you mediocrity, Raptors!  JO has been alright, if a little inconsistent,  Bosh is his usual beastly self, Calderon is regressing a tiny bit in my book, but is still All-star material, the bench sucks, Bargs is way too inconsistent, and we all know how I feel about the shooting guard/small forward positions.
I guess if  I had to pick a "sleeper" team, or a team to watch, I would say the Portland Trail Blazers, just like everyone else.  But, I must say, once Utah gets on a roll, watch out!  I have a man crush on Deron Williams, and Kirlenko is a Fantasy demi-god.  As far as the East goes, I do not think anyone is really that good (besides Boston), and talks of the West's supremacy over the league being in jeopardy are vastly untrue.   

No comments: